Lost my iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by taiji80, Dec 11, 2008.

1. taiji80 macrumors newbie

Hey guys...
    its been a sad day, like the title states I lost my iPhone but I have a few questions. I made some mistakes...I did not passlock my phone also I had 2 email accounts synced to the phone and have emails saved on the phone as well. My questions are...if I edit my passwords for my email accounts does it mean that whoever has my phone will not get email notifications? and I just wanted to know what all of you are doing for security with your iphones ie. security settings, cases so you don't lose the phone.

I know the answer to my first question is probably yes but im kinda freaking out here and would like some reassurance. So if anyone has some advice for me and how to keep the phone secure both with the settings and other ways it would sure help the next time I get an iPhone (if I can save up enough).

Thanks guys.

2. jlwillia macrumors regular

Did you happen to lose it in the Pittsburgh airport?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=612861

Otherwise, some email providers allow you to block incoming emails for a period of time. I think the purpose of this feature is if you will be on vacation or something, so it might be a short-term fix, but might work.