Lost my iPhone 4 ATT worried?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JimKirk, Jan 15, 2011.

1. JimKirk macrumors 6502

They let me buy new one at subsidized price.

Looks like they are worried over lost business from Verizon.

I didn't even ask assuming I'd have to pay full price. I had to renew my contract however.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Who knows. I assume Find my iPhone was of no help to you?

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

No they won't, and they're not worried about Verizon.

4. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Well it seems they did since it wasn't a question :confused:

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I though he/she was asking "Will They", I just re-read it and the OP was stating that They Did allow him/her to, congrats OP. I have a friend who a few months ago had his iPhone 4 stolen and AT&T said that their was nothing they could do and suggested that since he was still under contract, to either pay full retail price for another phone or to try craigslist. I guess it does always depend who you talk to and in what mood that person may be in.

6. martynov macrumors member

I'm really surprised to hear that att actually gave a discount considering the phone was lost. Without an insurance option, this definitely seems like you got very very lucky.

7. JimKirk thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe they felt sorry for me.

I told them the story of how it went missing. Guy said hold on lets see what we can do for you.

He went to talk with his manager and it was done. They even waved the $18 upgrade fee. I did not ask for any of it.

Very pleased but sad because I lost my 32gb iPhone. New one seems to have a better battery though.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Great, now every decent thing one company does for a customer will be seen as them shatting themselves over losing a piddly customer.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Thats good to hear, glad they were able to do something.

As for them being scared about verizon, at&t has always given me good customer service, they've always been good about being more "human" and understanding of your situation and bending the rules for you without you even asking. I've gotten overages credited back when I was calling to set up a payment plan because I couldn't afford the whole bill when it was due and they did this without me asking or anything, i just called to see if I could pay half this month and the other half 2 weeks later. They've also done the same when I call in to get bumped up to another plan, they automaically credited back any overage before hand again without me asking. One of the big reasons I'll never go to verizon.