Lost my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zyr293, May 18, 2011.

1. zyr293 macrumors newbie

hi

the other weekend i lost or someone stole my iphone 4. i only had it a month and i installed the mobile me application. the problem is that i do not have 3G as i only was connect to the internet via wifi. is there a way how i can trace my phone with mobile me?

if anyone can help me out i can be reached on zyr293@hotmail.com

thanks guys

jon

2. phill50 macrumors newbie

I dont know exactly how find my iphone app works. If you have another idevice or a friend i would load the find my iphone app and see if it works. works for ipads to.

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

You only can trace it if they have the phone on with wifi since you stated you had no cellular data connectivity. It might be too late at this point if they restored the phone or simply turned it off/removed the mobile me account

4. belleimageek macrumors newbie

so is the phone untraceable when the phone is restored?

say the founder took the sim out, restored, jailbraked and puts in a different sim. Can that be traceable????

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, its pretty much done when restored.
    And yes it needs cellular data or wifi to transmit back its location info.
    If the thief has it on and connected to wifi you could potentially track it assuming he didnt restore it yet.

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

7. mattkowalski macrumors member

Pretty easily actually! If it's not where it's supposed to be, someone else has either picked it up, or you've moved it yourself and forgotten.

8. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I restored my iphone recently and had logged into me.com to check the tracking and noticed it couldn't find the phone. I had forgotten to resetup the mobileme account on the iphone afterwards, glad I caught that before it was actually needed.