Lost my iphone and swipe it using mobile me...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by arturmeireles, Sep 29, 2010.

1. arturmeireles macrumors member

Lost my iphone and swipe it using mobile me and after I swiped I cant find my iphone using "find my iphone" I think apple should be more explicit about it. Anyway, so after I swiped the person who find it will be able to use it?

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Not to be a dick, but when you wipe it.. how do you expect you'll still be able to track.

Think about it.. It's common knowledge.

You should also contact your phone company, and notify them that it has been stolen or whatever. That way it'll be flagged for that provider at least. He'll still be able to use it I am pretty sure, although he'll have to replace the sim and activate it all over.

3. arturmeireles thread starter macrumors member

I was desperate so I pressed all the option on " find my iphone" so I locked it and swiped and I even didnt have time to think about the consequences. I already called my phone company to cancel the SIM card.

4. bfChris macrumors newbie

Sympathy

My sympathies, Artur. I remember how panicked I was when my iPhone wasn't in it's case on my belt, so I know what you mean.

Yes, there probably should be a confirming warning dialog before you remotely wipe an iOS device. We're going to be at our least clear-thinking when our iPhone or iPad has disappeared.

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I understand, I probably would've done the same thing. Did you track it before locking and wiping?

6. arturmeireles thread starter macrumors member

Yes but I left inside a train so the train was moving but after I swipe I couldnt track it anymore : (

7. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

8. arturmeireles thread starter macrumors member

My friends so like I said before I left my ipad inside the train in Lisbon so by the end of the night I went with no hopes to check if somebody foubd my ipad and for my surprise my Ipad was at the lost and found!!! AMAZING! You see! We still have honest and serious people!!! Thanks guys for the replies!!! Lesson learn: NEVER wipe your ipad/iphone before you find it! Just LOCK it and if u cant get your ipad/iphone back then you wipe it! If u wipe it before your find REMEMBER you wont be able to found it!!!