lost my iPhone: any ideas re how I can retrieve it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by malch, May 19, 2010.

1. malch macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I realize this is a long shot, but I'll ask anyway.
    I lost my iPhone while biking two days ago. The battery was near dead then, so for sure it's dead now. So if a good Samaritan had found it, there'd be no way to turn it on and find my phone number.
    I cut off service yesterday morning (after taking one more look around, in the light of day) so I wouldn't get stuck with some huge phone bill (if, say, a bad Samaritan were to find it, charge it up, and start using it to call family members in Samarita).
    So, given all that, is there any hope of finding my phone, other than putting up some "Lost phone" posters, and checking 'Lost & Found' lists?
    Thought I'd ask in case I'm missing something obvious.
    And by the way, I have MobielMe, but no, I never launched that 'Find My Phone' service, and given the fact that the battery was dead and I cut off service, I doubt that would have worked anyway.
    Regards, malch

2. Bob Barenfeld macrumors newbie

Dont really matter.

My wife phone was stolen and i have mobile me and find that stupid iphone....

well here is the deal. I tracked the phone to where the person lives basically. her employee stole the phone. but there are a few of the employees that live in that area. it does not track to the address... but it does get within a 1/4 mile area. Only way to get it closer is if you catch it moving at the time in a car and track it till the car stops and it will pin point to few 100 feet. either way dont matter. cops wont do nothing about it i printed out the screen shot of the location and apple dont do nothing but log it stolen and if someone comes in apple to service the phone they wont do anything but they say they will infom you that someone came in for the service on that phone because that person has to have an account with a sim card. but we all know how that works too.