Lost my iPhone today - but found it again thanks to an app...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by theautopilot, Sep 24, 2010.

1. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Was out walking with some students todays and got back to base to discover my iP4 was missing. I had been doing some photography with Pro HDR (another great app) and dropped it in long grass on the side of the road. But i remembered i had FoneHome running on it (which i had not touched more weeks, and was still running perfectly even after reboots and OS updates). So i borrowed a students HTC Hero to access the FH website and see where it was and sound the siren. Found it in no time.

I honestly dont think i would have found it without this app as we walk about 6 miles in the country, certainly not before the weather damaged it.

So stoked, best £1.19 i have spent and my fav app forever more!

I have no affiliation with this app, just wanted to post a success story

Buy it!!! http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/foneh...378450421?mt=8

2. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

nice, glad you were able to find it. I believe there are a few apps like this in the app store. You said it sounded a siren? was that sound coming from the htc when you got near the phone or was the iphone making the noise?

3. theautopilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

From my iPhone - sounds even if it's on silent :)

GPS location got me to about 20 feet away, then i could hear it in the grass.

4. Batman89 macrumors 6502

Nice to see that you found it dude. Ironic that the phone that helped you find it was the HTC Hero lol

5. Tionged macrumors newbie

^ Looks like the Hero saved the day, eh?

Glad you found it back. :)

6. theautopilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Well yes, the Hero was the Hero! Lol, never realised that until today. But in fairness, any device with a webbrowser would have done the job. Fonehome was the real hero.