lost my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigDan1, Jun 15, 2014.

1. BigDan1 macrumors newbie

I cant find my iPhone. It was in a rental car 20 mins before I returned it, and when I parked it I I couldnt find it. How does this even happen!

I used findmyiphone but it says all my devices are offline. Which kinda makes sense as the place I returned the rental car is underground. Would that be the reason it shows offline? I made one stop 5 mins before returning the car, at a gas station, at which point the battery was at 15% or so. Im assuming that's not the reason the phone isnt picking up service, because it was at 15% 20 mins ago?

Anyway if the phone is underground I cant really track it. What I would love is it we could find the last known location. Is that possible somehow? It can really only be in one of two locations, knowing which of those two would help.

Thanks!
    Dan

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or maybe someone found it and turned it off.
    Send a message to it and even if someone has it it's useless if you lock it.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

The 15% could early run out fast if it's constantly "searching" for signal. I bet it's wedge on the side of the car seat, down near the metal brackets that slide your seat forward or back. I usually find mine there.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Did you tell the rental place that you misplaced your phone in the car? I know in my car there is a death trap under the seats where the heat come out. It's a huge opening where you could lose something like a phone. You should go back and check there. Contact them too.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

if u can't find it.. report it on your service provider. they will put in the database as lost/stolen.. that way nobody can use it. but then again, if its locked, nobody can unlock it and it will be as good as brick... granted ur running ios7.