Lost my ipod on DFW to ATL AA flight 1868

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chewbaccacabra, May 4, 2008.

1. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

I know the odds are against me . . . really against me . . .but sometimes somebody posts on here "Hey I found an ipod!"

It's a black 160GB in the pocket of 30 D. American Airlines has been called. Don't really expect much to happen.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If there's a way to let Apple know the serial number, do so. It might help in the recovery if a reseller or Apple Store has it in a list to cross-check whenever someone brings it in.

Why didn't you have it with you in your pocket? When I go to Ireland, my MacBook Pro, iPhone, and camera won't leave my sight.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Good luck...they found my wallet once, untouched. It could happen.

4. chewbaccacabra thread starter macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

Good idea.

I am a nervous flyer generally, and the landing was little bumpy with some steep banking. Also when I landed I was worried about getting my dad's camera equipment out while juggling 3 phone calls and arranging transportation. Just forgot about it. Come on Apple, we need that 80GB phone so I only have one ipod to keep up with!!:D

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Hey there's always hope. Had a friend who's Black Nano was stolen, the police contacted them 6 months later to say it was found when a crime was committed. Luckily the serial # was trackable and they now have to wait a good 90 days before they can take it for an evidence lockup - at least they will be getting it back eventually. Good Luck!:apple:

6. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Well, you can always check with the airport and airline's lost and found, but the chances of it showing up there are approaching zero. Still, it may be worth at least a brief inquiry there.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Also being in ATL it would be like a needle in a hay field.:eek: