Lost my iPod Touch 1g Please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avrpatsfan, Jun 12, 2009.

1. avrpatsfan macrumors member

So I am on vacation and my precious 1st gen ipod touch was stolen by a pickpocket. I really want to get a new touch as I will be going on another vacation later with someone and it will be important for me to have one.
    Here is what I predict
    8/32/64 229/299/399 (Why only 8? If it is 16 it has the same size as the nano 16gb and it is only 30 dollers more so who would buy the nano unless they increase the size of nano space)
    No camera because they want to sell more iPhones and that is the big difference
    Faster processor and more ram
    No OLED screen because the iPhone doesn't have it.
    No wireless n because of the same reason
    What would you recommend for me?

2. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Sorry. That sucks.

Um, get the one you want? I'm not sure what you're asking. For example, when I got my 1G touch I got the cheapest one because I wasn't sure how useful it would be. Now I wish I had 32GB so I could have more music capacity. So it just depends on what you are going to use it for.

3. avrpatsfan thread starter macrumors member

mistake

sorry I forgot my main question. If i don't care about a camera or a little faster processor, (which i don't) are there any other features that could happen to make it worth it to wait? thanks!

4. Wishsong macrumors regular

Pricing and just overall power.

5. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

6. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I thought I heard about a way to retrieve stolen ipods since the ipod serial number is still stored in your computer ( if it was the last ipod you synced with your computer ) and you can call up apple and tell them it was stolen and then tell them your serial number and they can find where the last place was that it was synced at!!! then you can proceed to call the police and tell them about the information.

I had a friend do this and he got his ipod back! plus the guy got charged!

7. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Wow, that's pretty cool actually...