Lost My Macbook Pro on the board!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dearssatoru, May 7, 2008.

1. Dearssatoru macrumors newbie

I lost my macbook pro either on board or in front of gate were i seated in LAX airport on May 1. The last time I seem was in front of the gate were i waited to announce to be aboard in Los Angles Airport. I was flew from LA to Vancouver. I tried calling the lost and found baggage both LA and Vancouver. But there no sigh of it :(. The originally item i lost was a black backpack, i putted my Macbook pro inside. I just thought it's ridiculous to lost a backpack.:(:(:(:( The macbook pro itself is expensive all my work in macbook pro are priceless. I just want my work back!!!

Is there anything i can do about it to track My Macbook pro?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Do you know the serial number? Not much you can do to track it now, besides alert authorities of the serial number. You don't have backups of your work? Then the computer would not be "priceless"..

3. Dearssatoru thread starter macrumors newbie

I have serial number and model too.. unfortunately i didn't backup my stuff which need to be done at first place... sigh -__- I can't forgive myself..:(

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

aww mate ... I really feel for ya ... I was reading a post on the net about some lady who had her MBP stolen ...she managed to recover it via a long process but from what I can remember she could track the machine on the web , she even managed to get iPhoto to take a pic of the 'thief ' dunno how but there you go ....maybe someone else could shed some light on this ( hope so).....I was just home after work and a bit tired so dont have the link but I bet someone on this site would know about it

good luck mate

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it's probably stolen. File a police report with the serial number. Bring police report to Apple Store and they'll put in a note under the serial number.

When I travel, I bring everything to the bathroom, unless I am in the premier/business class lounge where there are a lot of people who are awake.

Next time:
    - firmware password
    - requires password to login
    - install somthing like undercover

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

7. nintendude macrumors 6502

i think maybe the lady had orbicule undercover or some other 3rd party app on it to do that stuff

and good luck finding your MBP!

8. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I would imagine there are security cameras over every inch of LAX... get in touch with security and tell them there were some government documents in the backpak or something:rolleyes: see if they can get a video shot of whoever grabbed it...

9. felt. macrumors 6502a

apparently i need to hang out in airports more often :apple:

10. HastaLaVista macrumors member

If you left your backpack unattended at an airport, it is possible that it was confiscated by the authorities, however, I'd expect you'd hear from them by now if you had any identification in the backpack.

11. asmallchild macrumors regular

:p

bargain shopping eh?