Lost my photos in iPhoto.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lanceh5, Apr 27, 2009.

1. lanceh5 macrumors member

Well I can't believe this happened. Two weeks ago I imported about 7,000 photos into a iMac 2.4Ghz and the total number of photos was over 14,000. I had changed some of the dates that had a 2024 as the year. Then yesterday imported a couple hundred more photos from the camera. Everything seemed OK. This morning the flashing "?" occurred at startup. I restarted holding the "shift" key down into safe boot. Then repaired permissions and restarted and every thing looked normal. This PM I downloaded several more photos from the camera when the problem occurred. iPhoto wanted to resolve some conflict ?? which I clicked OK. Now only 1200 are in iPhoto.

I do have a backup from a week ago.

What to do??

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I would say save your newer stuff to a disk/flash, then do the restore. The only realistic alternative, is to use a program that can search for files on the drive, and get them back that way.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

It's likely the photos are still there, just that iPhoto has forgotten about them.

Go to Pictures, right click on iPhoto Library, select "Show Package Contents" then check in Originals.

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Or try a rebuild of your library like this: interwovenSite://BBSLIBRARY/BBS/6907013/9

Did you adjust the dates within the iPhoto app or in the finder? If in the finder, that's your problem. Don't mess about in there.

5. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Same thing happened to me. Thanks for the ideas. Will have to try and get some data recovery software.