Lost NOTES...distraught!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cheeryble, Dec 8, 2013.

1. cheeryble, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013

cheeryble macrumors regular

Hi there

On the old iOS on my old iPad I had instances......and I heard of other people too....of NOTES disappearing. Terrible.

Along came my new Mini and iOS7 and notes seemed to have been transformed.
    I use them all the time. They seemed to be reliable.

This morning I was pasting into Notes. It didn't want to go. (I now realise I was perhaps copying from a. PDF)
    Suddenly all text disappeard from the page. This was a collection of quotes I have built up over a year.
    I panicked
    Then I thought wait a minute doesn't this get synced with the MacBook....my notes will be there!
    So I rushed out to the Air and looked up the Note. As I was looking the
    Note disappeared in front of my eyes.
    It had synced from the iPad.....on which there was now nothing!f

I have checked and found there is another Quotes under Notes last updated 6weeks ago when for some reason it split and duplicated. I'm not sure if it is identical id so I only lost 6 weeks.....ONLY!

Pleeeaase
    Is there ANYTHING I can do to recover?
    Thankyou

ps and how do I trust it in future?

BTW
    I just did a mail search and found that last year…..maybe on my old iPad Maxi with the old system…..there are emails coming in every day with Quotes as the subject.
    It's like I was updated by email most days to the changes I made to quotes.
    This for some reason stopped…..maybe i wiped the Notes when I passed on the larger iPad to my wife, can't remember.

Is this email backup still possible?

2. Fishrrman, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013

Fishrrman macrumors G3

This is why, in future, you need to have a backup drive and a backup strategy.

If you had had CarbonCopyCloner and an external drive, you could have created a bootable clone with an exact copy of your internal hard drive.

It would have helped you much in a "moment of extreme need" -- like what you're experiencing right now...