Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddiegrunt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
When ever I close my lid I loose the internet connection and have to restart the whole computer. Is there a setting I am finding?

armd.franco

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Tijuana
you loose the connection because the computer goes to sleep when you close the lid, and as far as i know there's no way of stopping it from doing that unless you download a third party application. As for the having to restart mmmm no idea ::confused:.
supposedly after you open the lid the computer goes out of sleep and it takes a few seconds for it to recover the wifi signal, if it doesn't it's probably out of range it happens to me a lot, i have to go to the next room where the wifi reception is better and restart the airport and then i can go back to my room without loosing the signal, wired i know :s

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
you loose the connection because the computer goes to sleep when you close the lid, and as far as i know there's no way of stopping it from doing that unless you download a third party application. As for the having to restart mmmm no idea

If you want your computer to stay on with the lid shut you can try a program called InsomiaX. Other than that, the computer should NOT be restarting, but instead, waking from sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.