Lost of internet connection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paddiegrunt, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Paddiegrunt macrumors newbie

When ever I close my lid I loose the internet connection and have to restart the whole computer. Is there a setting I am finding?

2. armd.franco macrumors member

armd.franco

you loose the connection because the computer goes to sleep when you close the lid, and as far as i know there's no way of stopping it from doing that unless you download a third party application. As for the having to restart mmmm no idea ::confused:.
    supposedly after you open the lid the computer goes out of sleep and it takes a few seconds for it to recover the wifi signal, if it doesn't it's probably out of range it happens to me a lot, i have to go to the next room where the wifi reception is better and restart the airport and then i can go back to my room without loosing the signal, wired i know :s

3. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

If you want your computer to stay on with the lid shut you can try a program called InsomiaX. Other than that, the computer should NOT be restarting, but instead, waking from sleep.

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Strange, the Internet connection should be back immediately after waking up form sleep.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think you might need to tell us more about your computer setup and your network setup before we can really help. :)