"lost" old email—leopard upgrade

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
Having installed Leopard, the first time I opened mail it told me it needed to import all my old messages, and that it might take a few minutes. I chose the "do it later" option, which closed mail.

Next time I open Mail, it doesn't offer me this option, and now I don't know how to get back my old mail.

All the mailboxes are there, and the accounts are pulling new stuff fine, and I have a cloned back-up of my pre-upgrade HD.

thanks

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
I use Thunderbird so I can't really help, but have you looked in the preferences and the menus to see if there are any options to import your old mail?

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Having installed Leopard, the first time I opened mail it told me it needed to import all my old messages, and that it might take a few minutes. I chose the "do it later" option, which closed mail.

Next time I open Mail, it doesn't offer me this option, and now I don't know how to get back my old mail.

All the mailboxes are there, and the accounts are pulling new stuff fine, and I have a cloned back-up of my pre-upgrade HD.

thanks
The "import" option then has a message saying "e-mail database being updated for Leopard" and it didn't take very long. Not sure why it's not coming up again though. Maybe you should try the "import" option in File> ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.