lost on my macbook any help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sliverviper, Dec 17, 2007.

1. sliverviper macrumors newbie

Hey i very new to Mac i use to know how to work with them just nothin on how to install softwares and OS systems on them i am not sure if this is the right place to write this question ?/Story

I got a macbook late 2006 2ghz my problem is that i there was a Mac Os installed i just dont know which one was there but i delete it and not reliezze that i dont have a MAC OS system so i got 10.5 leapord that a friend made for me and i tried to install it but evertime i put the disk in and it reads and boots but it once its reads it just give me a black screen and i wait and wait so i dont know what do anymore. i did about 4 hours of reading and still lost on how mac os boot works etc soo i read that my mac book can install windows so i did install windows and i HATE it on mac its just not the same i tell you am not sayin there nothin wrong with a xp am pc man but for a mac am sry MAC oS is better. but i am still lost i want to be able to installl a MAC OS can anyone help me on how to do it please and why does it happen when i put the dvd install and i get black screen only

thank you

2. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

well if it was an actual install disk with the OS X sticker and everything then i don't know whats wrong

but..... if its a burned disk of OS X (NOT LEGAL) on a standard dvd (4.7 gb) disk then it will take a long time (ppl have waited a few hours) to boot, that is if it boots at all

but like i said its not legal to have the burned dvd so my advice is to go buy a single install and everything should be fine; you won't get far with apple if you walk into the store and say you couldn't install leopard with the burnt disk :D

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

Wow. I tried to read that...I really did

Was this a copy of Leopard that you actually bought a license for? Or did your buddy just let you use his? In other words, are you trying to install a pirated copy of Leopard?

4. karmapolice63 macrumors newbie

karmapolice63

Lancaster, PA / West Chester, PA / Chicago, IL
  5. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

6. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Where are the restore discs that came with your computer?

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It sounds like it's a pirated copy. The best thing to do here is to buy a REAL copy of Leopard or Tiger. If you lose the recovery cds, you're pretty much screwed.

8. sliverviper thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you and sry i about the long story there i was sorta tired writing but i guess i might have to buy a copy thanks for the info

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I would certainly guess so.