Lost passcode on iPhone: How to retrieve messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -mattias-, Jul 10, 2010.

1. -mattias- macrumors member

Hello everyone.

So last night my friend kept taking my iPhone and looking through my stuff, so I got tired of it and put a passcode on my iPhone. Problem is, I was drunk and cannot remember the code.

I don't really care that much about music and apps, but mostly my messages. I got the itunes library and all. Is it possibly to save the messages to my mac, then restore the iPhone and put them on my iPhone again? Or any other way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

2. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

most likely not
    lol
    I think u can get the iPhone to work by putting it in DFU and then restoring it from a backup

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Your last backup should have saved your messages, when did you last connect it to iTunes? Otherwise now your pretty much screwed, sorry!

4. -mattias- thread starter macrumors member

My iPhone was disabled because I have typed the wrong passcode too many times. When I plugged it in, it auto-synced. I tried to restore from backup, but it still has the code.

5. paulyras macrumors 6502

Dfu mode should work. Standard restore, well, I'd have guessed that might work also, but I guess not.

6. -mattias- thread starter macrumors member

Actually, a normal reset worked. Don't know what I did wrong the first time.

But thank you all for your help. Now I can sleep good tonight, lol. :)