Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jglovpmi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
When I purchased my daughters iphone in November 2009 I purchased MobileMe. I registered the software. Tonight we were updating her firmware on her Iphone when he download was complete the phone froze up and it restored. Now all of her photos are gone. I went to mobile Me and there is nothing there. I assumed that Mobile me was automatically backing things up.

Any help would make a 14 year old very happy.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
MobileMe doesn't "back up" your iPhone. That is done on the computer you sync with via iTunes.

MobileMe is a cloud-based system that allows you to sync contacts, calendars, safari bookmarks, mail accounts, etc. There is an iDisk app you must drop things into to backup/synch/store on your cloud that will be mirrored on you computer and iPhone.

You didn't disconnect the phone during the firmware upgrade process, did you? There is a time after the upgrade where everything seems rather static (seems "frozen") until the iPhone "reboots" where you should not disconnect. If you do a resync with iTunes, command click on the phone icon and you are given options. One, I believe, allows you to choose restore with previous backup. Lesson here is to upload photos you value to your computer (into, for example iPhoto which will launch if directed on connecting iPhone and ask you if you wish to import photos).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.