Lost photos transferring from iPhone to iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by azrafox, Oct 25, 2012.

1. azrafox macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a pretty big issue at the moment regarding a large number of photos going missing after syncing them to my MacBook from my iPhone's.

Basically, I've just come back from holiday and took about 700 photos using my iPhone 4S. When I got back home a few days ago, I did the usual routine of connecting my phone to my MacBook Pro via USB, selected only the photos I took while I was away and synced them to my iPhoto library (version is iPhoto '08). I left and came back to the message saying the import was successful and asking if I wanted to delete the photos from my phone's camera roll - I chose yes. I didn't immediately check to see if they were there

When I looked at my library the next day, oddly enough I got a message saying something like "there are 700 photos that haven't been imported yet, do you want to import them now" (my phone wasn't plugged in at the time) and I dismissed it by pressing no. Then looked for my holiday photos and they were missing - no event or anything. I never managed to get that prompt to appear again.

Obviously these mean a lot to me, but they're deleted from my iPhone and can't find any trace of them on my laptop. Surely if the prompt to delete them from the phone came up that means the import was successful? Here are the things I've tried:

- Opening iPhoto with command+alt and trying all the options
    - Rebuilding my iPhoto library using 3rd party software (forget the name but I found it on another similar thread)
    - inspecting the iPhoto library package contents
    - plugging in my iPhone and opening iPhoto to see if they're still there

I'm wondering if there are any more things I could try, or whether there is a way to recover them from my phone instead. Either way, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Azra

2. azrafox thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I just found them, no idea why but they were suddenly there when I last checked. Thank you.