Lost photos with new iOS 8.3 Upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rogermasonnn, Apr 15, 2015.

1. rogermasonnn macrumors newbie

hey guys, my girlfriend isn't too knowledgeable regarding iOS upgrades or syncing to iCloud so when she tried to import recent pics that she took on her iPhone 6 to her Macbook Pro for a project, it asked her to upgrade to the newest iOS system (8.3) which she did right away.

Right after upgrading, she said she lost all her recent photos from the past few months while her old photos from years back are still on her iPhoto library folder. she has no idea where the recent photos are and is trying desperately to find them since it is for a school project.

Is there any way she could recover these photos or are they hiding somewhere on her computer? If it's lost, is there any way for her to recover them?

2. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

If she didn't make a backup/import the photos into (i)Photo then I don't see how she could get them back. They would not be on the computer or the phone anymore, only place that I can think of is that they might be in her photostream

3. Kurios2 macrumors regular

Kurios2

Do a soft reset and see if that works. If not, do hard resist. You'd be surprised how many of the problems on here would be fixed by doing that.