Lost printer access with tiger and Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by myotis, Aug 21, 2009.

1. myotis macrumors member

I'v just tried to priint to my lexmark printer which is wired to a wireless router, that the Macbook is connecting to wirelessly. It was printing yesterday.

When I try to print, the print dialog box tells me there is no printer selected, my lexmark is still listed under bonjour printers, but when I select it, it just hangs on the creating printer dialog box with a message adding printer. Indeed I need to force quit the application I am trying to print from.

If I then go into preferences, Print&Fax, there is no printer listed. If I select the + sign to add a printer, and try and add the listed lexmark, I get a server-error-service-unavailable error message.

To get my document printed I transferred to another wireless laptop (not a Mac) and printed using the same wireless network setip. So the basic netowrk seems to be working.

So not sure what could have happened between yesterday and today, but I could do with some help.

Many thanks,

Graham

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Have you tried restarting everything?
    The printer/router/computer.
    Restart everything between it, then restart the computer and the printer.

3. myotis thread starter macrumors member

Mmmm, well I did restart the Mac, but as everything else was working with the Thinkpad/linux combo using the same router/printer I didn't try restarting the router/printer.

However, I have been away from the Mac for a bit so closed it down properly, rather than just closing the lid, and now its back working, so a it seems a restart wasn't enough.

I shall remember that the next time.

Thanks for the help,

Graham

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Hmmm. Glad it worked out in the end.
    Well, that's what we're here for, eh? :)