Lost recovery disks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kman77, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kman77 macrumors newbie

So yesterday my hard drive failed, so today i went and bought a new one, got it all installed, went to go find my recovery discs or my snow leopard disc and i couldnt find any... What do i do now??

2. simsaladimbamba

Buy a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD, but make sure that the version on the DVD is at least the version that came with your Mac, as you can't install a Mac OS X version lower than the once that came with the Mac (no 10.6.5 on a Mac that came with 10.6.6).
    Or contact Apple (Retail Store) for replacement DVDs. But the quickest way would be to buy the SL DVD.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Call Apple, they will ship you a set for 10 or 20.

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

The _only_ way to insure you get the exact discs you need is to call Apple.

They are great and will get them out to you right away. A friend of mine had this happen and Apple shipped out the discs the same day he placed the order, and he had them the very next day.

Moral of the Story... don't let your discs out of your site :)

5. craig1212 macrumors newbie

this ;)

6. darrellishere macrumors 6502

I didn't have disks for my macbook pro 2.4 i5. So I pluged the drive into my macbook air 11" and installed and reinstalled the os. Everything seems fine, so Im assuming mac osx is universal across all machines with all drivers included.

My macbook pro did feel cooler afterwoulds. Maybe it thinks its an air!!!!!

7. Carl S. macrumors newbie

When this happened to me all i did was schedule an appointment at the genius bar, told them what happen and the installed the latest os for me while i was sitting there... Was in and out in 45mins