Lost Safari Bookmarks :( How can I get them back

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Eldiablojoe, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I had a bunch of bookmarks in the Safari (as of this morning) app on my Mini-iPad.

Now they are all gone.

Settings->iCloud->Storage and Backup indicates the last iCloud backup was at 12:14 am. It is now 3:15 pm as I write this.

I'm considering restoring from Backup but that seems like a drastic action. Is there some other blip or way to figure out how to get my bookmarks back?

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

3. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

That has been happening to me a lot lately. I close Safari by clicking home button, then double click home. At bottom of screen, press down on Safari icon until it shimmers. Then click on - in upper left hand side to close it from memory. Start Safari fresh and the bookmarks reappear. Hope this helps..it works for me.

4. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

5. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

This must be related to their server outages...I just do a restart and they come back.

6. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

That worked perfectly. I just double clicked the home button to get to the "background running apps" and closed it from there. Then restarted it. There they were!

Thanks!

7. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

This just happened to me this morning. Probably something to do with Apple servers. I did a hard restart and the bookmarks all came back, very odd :confused: