Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mashburn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Hi

Ive just received my new 3GS...YAY!!

I backed up and synced my old 3G first, then proceeded to setup and sync the 3GS.

When the sync was complete all seemed well, the apps were even arranged on my new phone the same as they were on my old phone, impressive!

BUT...none of the apps have saved any data...all my games, gym buddy, THE LOT!!

When i go back to my old phone, the saved data is still all there!! Is there anyway to get the saved data onto my 3GS???

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Hi

Ive just received my new 3GS...YAY!!

I backed up and synced my old 3G first, then proceeded to setup and sync the 3GS.

When the sync was complete all seemed well, the apps were even arranged on my new phone the same as they were on my old phone, impressive!

BUT...none of the apps have saved any data...all my games, gym buddy, THE LOT!!

When i go back to my old phone, the saved data is still all there!! Is there anyway to get the saved data onto my 3GS???

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Try backing up your 3G again and restoring the 3GS from backup?
I'm not sure if it will work, but I remember losing all the data from within my apps once when I got a warranty replacement 3G.

In the upgrade from my 3G to 3G S, however, I kept all the data.

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
Ya, synching will not retrieve any saved data, just the actual apps, music, contacts or whatever else you synched. To get your saved data back you need to restore from backup.

Mashburn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys, but its still not worked!

Anymore ideas??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.