lost screw order

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by smurfin, Jul 14, 2009.

1. smurfin macrumors newbie

hi guys, i just joined this forum because i've searched everywhere and cannot find a thread or guide for macbook screws. i wanted to replace the upper case because there was a huge scratch on it and the replacement part was only $15...

everything was going great until my cat jumped up onto the table where i had all of the screws organized. most of the screws fell off the table and i'm pretty sure i got all of them but they aren't in the proper order anymore. now i am computerless... i really want to use my macbook again but i don't think it's possible.

is there any way to figure out the screw order so i can put it back together and get it working again? :confused:

2. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Determine precisely which Macbook you have. Then hop on to youtube and look for the service videos that people have made. You might be able to take notes and figure it out.

Another way might be to see if you can find an authorized Apple repair shop and see if you'll give you a copy of the service page for your model Macbook.

Good luck. Repairing notebook screens sucks. There can be two dozen screws depending on how far into the panel you have to get.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Here's a guide that may help or supplement your findings in order to get it back together: Click Here

Best of luck to you -GDF

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Take a picture of each screw and I'll tell you where they go.