LOST Season 4 on iTMS in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by superleccy, Jan 12, 2008.

1. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Hello

I see that LOST, seasons 1-3, are still available in the UK iTMS.

Also, season 4 is due to start airing in the US on 31st Jan.

So, when will Season 4 be available to iTMS in the UK? 31st Jan? Or will we have to wait? What sort of deal have Apple got with the makers of Lost?

The only other ways of seeing Lost in the UK are...
    • Sky Digital (not prepared to spend another £16/month and have to put up with the adverts).
    • Wait for DVD release (not prepared to wait)
    • Torrent (not prepared to aquire it illegally)
    • Move to the US (actually this idea is growing on me)
    Thanks
    SL

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Im a huge lost fan myself but fortunately for me I live in the states. I think iTunes will still have S4 however I'm not 100% sure. A great way to view lost is over the ABC website video streamer. Here in the states, 2 hours after the shows broadcast over cable you can view it over a video streamer from abc's lost site. Check it out.:D:apple:

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

viewing on the ABC site is for US visitors only - kinda how wimbledon tennis etc.. is only for UK visitors on the BBC website..

lost will only appear on the UK iTMS when it starts to air in the UK.

it shouldn't be too bad actually, as Sky One air it only a few days after it airs in the US - well, that's what they did with series 3, not sure about series 4.

seeing as its about to start soon in the US, i haven't seen any Sky One adverts about it...

4. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Or you set-up and American iTunes account. It's pretty easy to do. Just go to eBay and search for US iTunes vouchers. There's a Hong Kong based seller who currently sells them for the dollar price with no mark up (a little suspicious) or there's someone else called urphotos4less, or something like that, who is pretty reasonable. Equipped with your voucher you go to the US store homepage (navigate to this from the iTunes store homepage) and then goto redeem. Once you have submitted your code it will ask you to create an account but you won't need a credit card. Choose an American address, I have friends who use hotels, I use a relatives address and that's it, Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt and you can semi legitimately buy Lost Season 4.

Obviously there are copyright/licensing reasons why we have to wait for these shows but I feel that this method of obtaining American shows is fair, with recompense going to the right people for the download you are getting.

You could wait of course.

5. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Thanks. I like the idea!

SL

6. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

The first episode was broadcast in the US yesterday (Thurs 31st). Is it on the US iTunes store yet?

It broadcasts in the UK on Sky One on Sunday 3rd.

SL

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Why not go to the store and check? It is up now.

8. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Thanks for letting me know. But I can't access the US store because I'm in the UK and only want to set up a US account (which would need a false address) as a last resort.

SL

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You can still browse the US store even if you are in the UK.

10. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

You can still look at the US store in UK just change the location at the bottom of page.

If you want to set up and account you need an iTunes Gift Card and a any US address will do. Don't use your current email address though.

Northy124

11. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Ah, so you can. Didn't spot that. Cheers.

SL

12. tadunne macrumors regular

Lost season 4 has started to be added to itunes UK now..

13. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Good result.

But I've already seen the first episode now ;), so now it's not so important.

SL

14. tadunne macrumors regular

I know, but even the US customers have to wait until after it's been on US TV.

I doubt itunes UK will ever have shows before they are shown in the normal UK TV.

Hopefully more shows can be added soonish and give us an alternative to having to subscribe to sky!

I'd love to be able to purchase a season pass (come on itunes UK start season passes) just for the shows I want to watch and have them delivered on to an Apple TV.. and also have the ability to rent HD movies. In fact renting TV shows for less than £1.89 does not sound too bad to me.