lost serial number in restore, anyway to recover?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nunes013, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

About a month ago I did a fresh install of Lion. Well I forgot the djay application on my computer. I never registered it with the company and when I went to open it the other day it said I needed a serial. It never rolled over after I restored some applications from time machine. I bought the serial on ebay in the spring. It was in a message but the message got deleted as its been a while and the inbox only holds so many messages. All i have is the time machine backup. Is the serial held anywhere in the package contents of the app or anywhere in the backup or am I out of $25?

2. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

It is generally stored in the the file user/library/application support/app

I think hit command-shift-g and type ~/library then find application support.

3. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i searched in there but there is no folder for it. i even opened it up in text wrangler and searched a little but couldn't find it.

4. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

Did you look on your time machine then? Follow the path to your users folder.

5. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

6. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

Then contact or check the developers website to get your serial.

7. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

It's often in Preferences. Look for the .plist file with the name of the app.

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

did you look for the message in time machine?

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Go to eBay and look at your previous purchases. Maybe it's there somewhere.

10. jsa83 macrumors newbie

go to the djay website.. type in ur email and they will send the activation code via email. .. i have djay and have used this method to get my serial #

11. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

Sorry for the late response. My computer went to the genius bar because my LCD was getting separated from the aluminum. I should have my computer back by this weekend. I'll search time machine for those things. I never registered the serial with the developer (I don't know why :eek:) but they said they couldn't send me a new one because I purchased it through eBay and they have had people selling fraudulent licenses on there. Thanks for all your help everyone!

12. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

just email the developer from the email you purchased it with and you will probably get a serial emailed to you.