Lost several shortcuts and an app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Marcellus, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Marcellus macrumors member

Marcellus

Has someone figured out a way to restore app. shortcuts that went missing after upgrading to IOS 6? They are now in my Apps Store and I can open them from there, but I how do I restore them as shortcuts?
    Also, the calculator that came installed on my iPhone 4s is now missing completely. How can I get it back?
    Thanks. I am sure others are also experiencing these issues.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Can you help me understand what you mean? What shortcuts ? Calculator is in iOS6. Maybe you should reinstall it. What happens when you search for Calculator or tell Siri to open it?

3. Marcellus thread starter macrumors member

Marcellus

Thanks for your rapid reply. OK, well, I asked Siri to open my calculator and she did. So it is there on the iPhone but I cannot find it unless I ask Siri to open it. I used to have a shortcut for the calculator, as well as shortcuts for several other apps., e.g., Alarm Clock Pro, Motion X GPS Drive, etc. Only one app shortcut still appears on my screen; the other three (including the calculator shortcut) disappeared after I upgraded to iOS6. I tried asking Siri to "create a shortcut for my calculator," and "create an icon for my calculator" but she does not know what I mean. By shortcuts, I mean the icon that represents the app. which used to be on my home screen. All I had to do was tap it and the app would open. Now I have to go to the App Store and open it from there. Why the extra step with iOS 6?

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Those are not really shortcuts, but the actual apps themselves. You can swipe through your pages to find your lost apps. If they are in folders, swipe right from the home screen, a search screen appears. Type Calculator and it shows, and to the right it will tell you if it is in a folder.

If you don't see your apps at all I would restore.

In my screen shot, it shows the app is in my "social" folder.

Attached Files:

5. Marcellus thread starter macrumors member

Marcellus

OK, that did the trick. Now I feel silly. I never thought to swipe to a third "page" on my screen. The missing shortcut apps were all there, including the calculator. I got confused because before upgrading to iOS 6, they were all on the second page, so to speak. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

No problem. Glad they were all there.