Lost Signatures

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mootsie, Oct 30, 2011.

1. mootsie macrumors newbie

Running Lion...where can I find my signatures in finder so I can copy and transfer them from my MBP to my imac? Used to have access to them on SL but since Lion, nothing.

Charlie
    cepeasha@comcast.net

2. simsaladimbamba

What "signatures" do you mean?
    Btw, it would be wise not to publish your email here, as spambots might notice it and use it.

3. mootsie thread starter macrumors newbie

Signatures

I meant the sigs I have in my mail program....I had 317 on my imac and lost them...want to transfer the ones on my MBP but cannot find them in Finder like I used to with SL...and thank you for the tip on my email address.

Charlie

4. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Lion doesn't show the "User Library" you will have to make it visible by going to Finders "Go" menu and put in (Users/<USERNAME>/Library/) in the drop down "Go to Folder". Change <USERNAME> to your user name. then you will find your Signatures at ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Signatures
    I dragged the Library folder to the sidebar of finder to keep it handy all the time.

5. wilfried macrumors member

6. mootsie thread starter macrumors newbie

Missing Signatures

I'm sorry for having taken so much time to thank those of you who have helped me with my problem. I could not get online because of a password problem but as you can see I was able to resolve it...again, thank you so much to people such as yourselves who are so giving and knowledgeable. When I was using a windows machine I was fully in command of how to resolve any issue but since I switched to both an imac and MBP it has been a complete learning curve for me...I hope to someday contribute to those who find themselves in need. Thank you for the fine example of community.

Sincerely,
    Charlie

7. mootsie thread starter macrumors newbie

How to transfer signatures

from my imac to my macbook pro? I used a thumb drive to take the signatures from my imac and have placed them in the sig file of my mackbook pro but the MBP does not see them when I go to Mail/Preferences/sigs..does anyone know how to make my MBP see the sigs? I have quite a few and I'd rather not have to re-write them in the laptop! Thank You for any help you might share with me.

8. mootsie, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

mootsie thread starter macrumors newbie

Mootsie

I have transfered the signatures I had on my imac to my signature file on my macbook pro but my MBP does not see them when i go to mail/preferences/sigs they are not in the file. I have gone to the user/lib/mail/signature/count and there are only 4kb....my question, I have over 300 sigs but cannot see them in MBP, does anyone know how I can resolve this issue so as to be able to use them? I do not want to go through the extensive process of entering each and every one again.

9. GGJstudios, Mar 2, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why do you have 300 signatures?

10. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Thanks for asking that, I was scrolling down to see if someone else had gone "huh??"

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

OP has started several threads on this topic, which were merged.

12. satcomer, Mar 2, 2012

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Do this to make sure the Signatures in Mail are still on you Ma.

1. Quit Mail.

2. Click on the Desktop until you see the Finder menu items.

3. Hold dowb the 'option' ket while clicking on the word 'Go'.

4. In the 'o' menu drop-down select 'Library'.

5. When the 'Library' folder opens go down to the word 'Mail'.

6. Drill down in the 'Mail' folder for the folder 'V2' and to the folder 'MailData'

7. In 'MailData' scroll down to 'Signatures'. Are the signatures still there?

If the Signatures are still there try these steps, try these steps:

1. Launch Mail.

2. In Mail go to Mail's Preferences.

3. Click on the tab for 'Signatures'

4. If the signature appear in either your account or the iCloud account, click on the account and highlight all the Signature name entries.

5. Then drag all those highlighted signature in that one account and drag them to the account that has no Signatures.

Your no Signature account should haver all your Signatures accounts from the other account in it. Try these steps to see if you can drag other accounts Signature accounts to another email account Signatures.