Resolved Lost somewhere in Translation.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by IDMah, Nov 24, 2013.

1. IDMah, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013

IDMah macrumors 6502

IDMah

Hi all.

International Character set support is killing me.

I'm using UIAlertview to grab a Name (any language)
    and the PHP is getting this the

Code:
    echo "$sql";

Gives me:
    INSERT INTO HighScore_elements_global(userName, userID, score, country) VALUES ('õneDây', '00:01:06', '66', 'United States')'

and if I paste this into a Sequal Pro Query and run it. It works fine.
    BUT in the MySQL I get back: õneDây

I've pasted (non-english) text into the MySQL and it does return the correct characters. not sure where the string is getting messed up or something.

I have set:
    Code:
    header('content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8');
    mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8"); 
    $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "myTable", "password", "myHighScorerGlobal");
    mysqli_set_charset($link, "utf8");

using this to send:

Code:

NSMutableArray* sendAllJSONDICT = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init ];
                    NSDictionary *params = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:
                                            userScore.name,@"userName",
                                            userScore.gameTime,@"userID",
                                            [NSNumber numberWithInt:userScore.gameTimeSeconds],@"score",
                                            userScore.country ,@"country",
                                            nil];

[sendAllJSONDICT addObject:params];
                    NSData *jsonData = [NSJSONSerialization dataWithJSONObject:sendAllJSONDICT options:NSJSONWritingPrettyPrinted error:nil];
                    NSString *jsonString = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:jsonData encoding: NSUTF8StringEncoding];               
                    NSDictionary *paramass =[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject:jsonString forKey:@"jsonarr"];

uploadError = YES; // Set Error Flag  
                    [httpClient postPath:@"/recieveScore.php" parameters:paramass success:^(AFHTTPRequestOperation *operation, id responseObject) {
                        NSString *responseStr = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:responseObject encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
                        NSLog(@"Request Successful, response '%@'", responseStr);
                        sharedHSData.queuedItems=NO;

uploadError = NO;
                        [[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter] postNotificationName:@"JSONCOMPLETED"
                                                                            object:nil];

} failure:^(AFHTTPRequestOperation *operation, NSError *error) {
                        // if we fail add the score to a send Que and load the old // 
                        NSLog(@"[HTTPClient Error]: %@", error.localizedDescription);
                        // Some sort of Flag that says Update did not happen and Should be added to Que in a singleton.//
                        //  AND Update the Global High Score So it looks like the Score has already been sent  //
                        // it's about responsiveness !!! //
                        if (highScoreIdent==0) {
                            sharedHSData.queuedItems=YES;
                            [sharedHSData.myQuedHighScores addObject:userScore];
                        }
    }];

2. IDMah thread starter macrumors 6502

IDMah

It took weeks and I mean weeks!!! to find the answer but if I set the Name field in MySQL to TYPE: BLOB - Binary pseudo charset.

Hope this saves someone else WEEKS! haha!!!
    Good Luck Good Coding!