Lost sound

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Hi,

I've been using iOS 6 beta 4 since it came out without any real problems. Just now lost all my sounds, tried a bunch of different things and still no sound. Rebooted also, plugged in headphone jack, many times and nothing. When I charge it, it says in headphone mode, but when I unplug it from the charger it doesn't show that. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks, Jerry

CactusHawk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I have been having similar issues off and on. It seems to happen mostly when I undock it from the car. For me a reboot (hold home button and power button until I see the apple logo) fixes it....for a while.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hi,

I've been using iOS 6 beta 4 since it came out without any real problems. Just now lost all my sounds, tried a bunch of different things and still no sound. Rebooted also, plugged in headphone jack, many times and nothing. When I charge it, it says in headphone mode, but when I unplug it from the charger it doesn't show that. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks, Jerry
Haven't had this problem yet with Beta 4. I have, however, had serious problems with audio when listening in my car using an aux cable.

Nyk0n

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2008
I have been having similar issues off and on. It seems to happen mostly when I undock it from the car. For me a reboot (hold home button and power button until I see the apple logo) fixes it....for a while.
Exactly the issues i had back last year with iOS5 beta's and the hard boot method would fix it sometimes other times i had to dock it in silent mode then when docked flip the silent switch off and vise versa it was a real pain. never had this happen since iOS5GM was released and not on any iOS6 beta