lost / stolen airpod

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by darthbane2k, Feb 3, 2017.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

So I was on a train home - I live end of the line. Fell asleep with airpods in my ear, woke up with only one in my ear. Checked the seat, the floor - nothing.
    It's lost.

How do I get it replaced? Just go to the Apple Store?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You can order a replacement Airpod for $69.00. You can contact Apple or travel to your nearest Apple Store.

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

That's what I know absolutely will avoid is using it on plane. Cause you'll fall asleep and it can pop out by your movement (it falls out when I put on my hoodie with AirPods in). When I fly I'm using EarPods. Gym, my car, jogs, sleep in my bed at home all AirPod sleep.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

That's why I have the spigen strap.

Sorry OP. I hope you can get a replacement quickly.

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Ya the strap is good for situations like planes or busses or trains.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Apple need to get a damn move on with the find my airpods update. It could have helped the OP here.

7. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah so I contacted Apple and went through 2 x telephone support staff and 1 x live chat staff who all denied I could get a single replacement AirPod. Went to a physical Apple Store and they flat out said no.
    so did some googling and found the hidden page on apple's site. Called them back again and after shelling out £65 the replacement on is on the way.
    That was painful. If I were being wreck less with the airpods I would have Myself to blame, but for the life of me I have no idea what happened to the missing one.

Anyway check my podcast 'The Intersection' for further details of my tale of woe

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/if-you-lose-an-airpod-be-ready-for-this.2027375/