Lost/stolen iPhone. Chances of getting it back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by network23, Oct 10, 2007.

1. network23 macrumors 6502

network23

My daughter may have lost her iPhone or had it stolen. If it were stolen, what do you think the chances are of getting it back?

I haven't been keeping up with the iPhone hacking, so how easy is it currently for someone to gain access to the iPhone and get a different carrier, use it without the phone element, etc.? She had it passcode protected, but I know that must be easy to circumvent.

I guess I'm hoping if it's too difficult to do anything useful with it if you're not the owner, then it might turn up somewhere...

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Slim to none . . . it's not a question of whether on not the thief can use it. Thieves steal a lot of things they can't use or get rid of. If they were bright they wouldn't have taken useless merchandise ;)

3. network23 thread starter macrumors 6502

network23

Browsing the forum and came across this thread I started a couple weeks ago. Good news is she merely lost the phone. It was in another pair of pants she forgot wearing that day. Sheesh.

Just hoping this keeps her more careful in the future.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I'm glad she found it :D

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how old is your daughter? You trust her with a $400 phone

6. Jocko macrumors member

Oh geez. Here we go.