Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I saves a bunch of textedit files on iCloud before and now with yosemite you can't get access to iCloud from textedit. Someone suggested that I look in user-library-mobile documents but that folder does not exist for me.....anyone else know how I can get to my files? thanks.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I saves a bunch of textedit files on iCloud before and now with yosemite you can't get access to iCloud from textedit. Someone suggested that I look in user-library-mobile documents but that folder does not exist for me.....anyone else know how I can get to my files? thanks.

In Finder do you see an option for iCloud Drive? There should be a textedit folder in there.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You should have that folder available, as that is stock with Yosemite install. If you installed Yosemite on a different partition, boot back into your default OS and copy all your TextEdit files to a thumb drive or Dropbox. Then, you can boot back into Yosemite and move all your TextEdit files into the mobile documents > Textedit folder.

If Yosemite is your only OS, I don't have a possible answer for that outside of logging into iCloud.com and see if you can view them there.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Thanks Benthewrath. Just hadn't enabled iCloud drive yet....now its fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.