lost tool bar and entire screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seejake, Jan 25, 2010.

1. seejake macrumors newbie

I have a macbook and have a lerger display monitor tht i run off of it. all of the sudden my other computer is not recognizing the bigger display monitor. not only that, but when i now that ihave unplugged it from the note book my display is messed up on the note book as well
    I don't have a tool bar anymore
    and the only screen that it alows me to use is the display screen in which i hit detect gather windows and it lets me place the second display on the top or side or bottom, when i place it on the top i then get the bottom tool bar, but no access to any programs it's like is is frozem. when i place it on the side i lose the tool bar at the bottom, but i get the safari spaces box wich allows me to access the internet, but i have no tool brs at all on the top or the bottom. when i unplug the second monitor i have full access to the computer!!
    I didnt do anything to different in the last year and all of the sudden i have a problem

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Try dragging and dropping the little white menu bar from the external monitor to the Macbooks in the System Preferences > Displays. The place that you were rearranging the displays, just drag the white menu bar to your main display.