Lost Track on Garageband-iLife Preview Still works???

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by rocknbach, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rocknbach macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this in, so don't flame me too badly if it's not.

I was recording some tracks on garageband and saved and closed the music file. Later I opened it up again and now error messages come up saying the tracks are lost and give me an option to search for me them, although that doesn't seem to do anything. The iLife preview of the song still works, though. Are all these tracks permanently lost?:confused:

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Hard to know from my location....

Try searching for the file, using spotlight, but search by the day of the week or date. Click "show all" in spotlight to get to the search window.

Are you SURE you saved the file before you quit GB? Sounds like maybe you didn't

3. rocknbach thread starter macrumors newbie

I searched using spotlight, but only the one file comes up. All my presets for the tracks are saved, but the tracks themselves are replaced with a "file not found". If for some reason the tracks are lost, is there any way to record or move the quick look preview, because the song is still there in its entirety?

4. LigOFE macrumors newbie

i'm having this same problem... the files are not in the contents even though i've saved the projects... now it's started happening with older projects when i reopen them all the track files are lost... i'm afraid to use the programme now...

5. dissemin8or macrumors member

I'm having a similar problem, but my tracks are all still there... they just won't play.