Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bayport

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
First time ever using iMovie, following tutorials things seem to go OK. after cropping a clip, the part not used should, according to the tutorials I've looked at, go into the trash - well, it's not in the trash. I need to get something out of the trash; however, there's nothing in the trash. What am I doing wrong? Where's my trash? Any help would be greately appreciated. Have iMovie HD 6.0.3. Thanks.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
First time ever using iMovie, following tutorials things seem to go OK. after cropping a clip, the part not used should, according to the tutorials I've looked at, go into the trash - well, it's not in the trash. I need to get something out of the trash; however, there's nothing in the trash. What am I doing wrong? Where's my trash? Any help would be greately appreciated. Have iMovie HD 6.0.3. Thanks.

Ahh welcome to the iMovie Trash Bug! This bug unfortunatley has been around for a while. To recover your files try this...

1. Locate your iMovie project from within the finder
2. Right Click or Control Click your iMovie Project and select the option to "show package contents".. or something along those lines...
3. Look for the "Media" folder and select it
4. Now you should see your iMovie Clips! Now just drag them back into iMovie and you should be good!

I did not have iMovie in front of me right now as I am writing this so some of the options might be off but that is the general gist. Hope it all helps!! Good Luck!

Bayport

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
To Texas 04

Thanks for your help on finding my lost trash in iMovie HD 6. Is this a constant acting bug? or will it sometimes save and other times not save to trash. Anyway, I know where to go dumpster diving. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.