Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankFamularo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Mississauga, Ontario
Since I've upgraded the operating system to 10.6.4, I lost the connection to the printer. Printer was working fine with Airport Router, thru USB connection in previous versions. I deleted the driver on the MacBook, and now I don't even remember how to reinstall the driver, to at least bypass the router.. Immediate need is to print, as quickly as possible, then I need to setup thru the Airport. My daughter starts summers school, and will need access to printer. Any ideas, help, please let me know. Thank you. Frank

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
One thing is to try the built-in Mac OS X Driver (Check the Printer is present in System Prefs), and try to get it to print a test page. The driver should probably be found on HPs website - thats where I got the driver for my Photosmart.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Drivers for the HP 4050 are included in Snow Leopard:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669#HP

You don't need the software to add the printer for you.

1. Open System Preferences
2. Open Print & Fax
3. If the printer isn't listed, click the "+"
4. OS X will automatically find local printers that are directly attached or shared over the network. Whether it is shared on the Airport or connected via USB, it should be in that list.
5. Highlight the printer, OS X will determine if it has a driver (it should)
6. Once it has everything, click the "Add" button

Now you should be able to print.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.