Lost Vmails!!

Jlotman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
When I upgraded to my 6 plus I lost most of my saved voice mails. Worst part some of them were from my father who just passed. Of course Apple blames Verizon and Verizon blames Apple!

Also lost all my PDF's when I had to reset all settings in my IPad which Apple tier 1 tech ttold me to do, then a tier 2 admitted it was a IOS issue.

Jlotman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Tks I tried this and when I did a backup from a more than 6 months old it did come up but those Vmails were from later

When I did one from the most recent backup there was nothing
Tks for responding

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Tks I tried this and when I did a backup from a more than 6 months old it did come up but those Vmails were from later.

When I did one from the most recent backup there was nothing
Tks for responding
A backup is the only way to pull them from your phone now. I would now try contacting AT&T and elevate this up their chain until you get someone who will resend out your voicemails.

For others, this is way you always should do a backup before you upgrade software or buy an new phone. Use something like iExplorer to pull voicemail backups off.

----------

When I upgraded to my 6 plus I lost most of my saved voice mails. Worst part some of them were from my father who just passed. Of course Apple blames Verizon and Verizon blames Apple!

Also lost all my PDF's when I had to reset all settings in my IPad which Apple tier 1 tech ttold me to do, then a tier 2 admitted it was a IOS issue.
Do you still have your old phone? If you turned it into apple, I would call them asap and ask them to return it to the store to try to pull them off. It's a pain, but good press if they can get it for you.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
A backup is the only way to pull them from your phone now. I would now try contacting AT&T and elevate this up their chain until you get someone who will resend out your voicemails.

For others, this is way you always should do a backup before you upgrade software or buy an new phone. Use something like iExplorer to pull voicemail backups off.

----------

Do you still have your old phone? If you turned it into apple, I would call them asap and ask them to return it to the store to try to pull them off. It's a pain, but good press if they can get it for you.
Generally they make you reset the phone when you turn it in. :(

Jlotman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Think im tapped out

I tried the backups and it was not there
also called verizon and they said they did not have it on their system

any last suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.