Lost without my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Sold it yesterday and shipped it out today. It's hard to believe that a year ago the iPad didn't exist because I feel lost without it. It's funny because I can clearly remember all the threads last year of people saying that the iPad is useless. I didn't realize how useful it actually is until now. Can't wait for the iPad 2 to launch. Anybody else in the same situation as me?

2. dread macrumors 6502a

Yep it sucks. I was just getting into infinity blade again since the update. I actually took my computer to the bathroom to read the forum something usually reserved for the iPad. I just can't surf the internet on my iphone 4.

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I'm with you.

Its funny because I made a thread a few days ago after selling my iPad saying that I didn't really miss it much. That quickly changed and it sucks. I've basically been using my iPhone 4 instead around the house and it's no fun, the small screen sucks and it's frustrating browsing the web. Can't wait for Friday.

4. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

so you don't have a luxury good now and you feel lost. isn't that sad? :confused:

5. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

I feel the same way. I can't believe I have to lug in my 15" MBP to all the meetings I have to run to this week.

6. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Yes, it sucks.

I miss The Daily the most. However biased, it had a wonderful interface and made getting the news fun and easy again.

Also, it sucks that I have to log in and out of every one of my mail accounts. Furthermore, I miss the experience. Everything was a breeze.

Friday, hurry the hell on up.

7. ozred macrumors 6502

I sold mine over 3 weeks ago and don't miss it at all.

I'm only buying the 2nd gen to play with. I may not even keep it, if they get the new Androids sorted out.

It's all about Flash and the FULL Web Experience !

I have a few Android phones and they are really nice with the spacious 4.3" display.

Apple better raise it's game a notch or two. Landslide sales or not, everything changes and the Android Army is on the march.

I'm ready with cash in hand :)

8. dread macrumors 6502a

Haha, every review I have read of android tablets says they should step up their games not Apple. Flash sucks on phones and tablets and the Xoom is a piece of garbage released prematurely. In fact its robbery to sell that POS at $800.

9. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Yeah, but I only had mine for 2 days. I rushed out last Friday and got a 16g because of the price drop. I realized quickly that there were things I LOVED about it, but there were things that lead me to want the Ipad 2 more. I could have kept it until thursday (I work Friday) and returned it then, but I felt guilty and took it back yesterday.

Oh well, I can live for a few more days.

10. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Count yourselves lucky, I'm still trying to sell mine

11. No1up macrumors regular

Now tell me how you really feel?

12. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

threads like this make me glad i didn't sell,
    i plan on keeping my ipad 1 until a better screen res is introduced, so i might be hanging onto it for a while :rolleyes:

13. No1up macrumors regular

I got money saying you will upgrade befor iPad 3... ;) you will do it, it WILL happen..

14. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I totally agree (except I never didn't miss it). I have a desktop and my iPhone 4. I've used my desktop a little more since I sold my iPad, but mostly it's been my iPhone 4. While it does an admirable job, it's just not he same. Can't wait til Friday

15. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I've been without mine for almost 5 months and I miss it daily. The iPhone 4 has eased some of my pain but the wait is almost over.:)

16. No1up macrumors regular

I miss my baby.... I remember my iPad and I had some good times...

17. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

No luck was needed. This is why you sell it before they announce the new one. I'm not surprised you are having a tough time.

18. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

This is gonna be the longest week ever! haha

I sold mine yesterday and now I have to wait. Granted, I can get by but reading my books on my iPhone kinda sucks.

Oh well, only 4 more days to go! (assuming I get to the Apple Store one time Friday!)

19. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Same here. It's been 3 weeks for me with a Xoom in between :(

20. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

21. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

Same deal here. Sold it Saturday, shipped it out today. It really sucks trying to harvest my goods in WeCity on my iPhone 4. I like the retina display though... I never realized how great it really is (I've had it since the day before it was released)...

Oh well. If it means I only have to pay $180 for the same 32GB 3G model iPad 2, it's worth the wait. I was able to sell for $550. If I were to wait a week, I am sure it would be worth at least $100 less. The iPad 2 announcement didn't get as much network news coverage as most Apple announcements. I'm the bona fide "Apple Guy" at my school. Only one person knew about the iPad 2. With the lack of preorders, this Friday will be HUGE and is guaranteed a good spot (maybe lead story) on every network newscast, as well as local coverage. There's no way you will be able to sell one next week.

22. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    I'm not having an existential crisis, or anything, but I am missing my iPad. I sold it today to a good home.

The time until Friday afternoon is going to drag by...

23. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's funny that there were no more "IT'S JUST A HUGE IPOD TOUCH" threads this year.

24. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

No. No it isn't. Let me take away your most prized possession for a week and we'll see how you feel.

When I first bought the iPad, it certainly was a luxury item. It was completely unnecessary. But after months of using it, I NEED it now. I miss the convenience of it and how easy it was to pick up and take to any room of the house. Oh yea, instant-on and the amazing battery life were awesome too. So in a way I guess you're right- it is sad....sad that I don't have my baby anymore :rolleyes:.

Is it Friday yet??

25. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

exactly :D