Lostify Troubles on snow leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buoptip, Aug 30, 2009.

1. buoptip macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    Ever since I've upgraded to Snow Leopard, I've been unable to use lostify to tag my music. MetaX still works but I keep getting errors with lostify.

When I open a audio/video file in lostify I get this error.

I hit ok and then it opens up the main window normally. But once I input all the information I want, and hit apply I get this error.

Is there any solution for this? Or is there an alternate program other than metaX than can be used?
  2. Big Alsie macrumors member

Apr 18, 2009
    I am having the same problem, except with movies. Does anybody know if the developers of lostify are currently working on a SL update?
  3. Big Alsie macrumors member

Apr 18, 2009
    i think i may have found the problem. this error seems to only happen when i rip a movie using mac the ripper then encode it with handbrake. however, if i just encode it with handbrake directly, i have no problems with lostify.
  4. nickthebrodie macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2007
    Just upgraded to snow leopard and I'm having the same problem. Did anyone figure out a solution?
  5. blybug macrumors 6502a

Aug 11, 2003
    Galveston, TX
    I think it has something to do with disk permissions and SL. My iTunes folder is on a network drive and sometimes stuff ends up in a folder I don't have the right permissions for, and I get these exact errors. If I chmod the enclosing folder to 777 then Lostify works OK. Don't worry if you don't know what that means.

What I'd suggest is Handbraking straight to your Desktop, Lostify and/or MetaXify as needed, then drag the final product into iTunes.