Lotr Battle for Middle Earth via Bootcamp trouble

vapour34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Hey let me be the first to say i dont know a lot about gaming, but all i want to do is be able to play this old game on my macbook yet its giving me some trouble.

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of memory and ive just created a 32Gb partition for windows and have installed Windows 2002 XP Home Edition.
Ive installed the game, i get the menu, and then i get...

'Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled.'

Its not harware acceleration and i just downloaded directX 9.0 and installed it (i assume correctly).

I guess i just assumed the macbook's video card could manage it considering the game is pretty outdated. Am i missing something?

92jlee

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Hey let me be the first to say i dont know a lot about gaming, but all i want to do is be able to play this old game on my macbook yet its giving me some trouble.

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of memory and ive just created a 32Gb partition for windows and have installed Windows 2002 XP Home Edition.
Ive installed the game, i get the menu, and then i get...

'Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled.'

Its not harware acceleration and i just downloaded directX 9.0 and installed it (i assume correctly).

I guess i just assumed the macbook's video card could manage it considering the game is pretty outdated. Am i missing something?

Hey buddy, I ran LOTR BFME on a mac mini core duo with the crappy GMA card, so yours will! - try updating windows, installing DX9 from the game cd or downloading the latest DX9 drivers from the net.

Comment

vapour34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Thanks heaps for the help. Finally got it to work after some trial and error.

Do u have any idea wether Battle for Middle Earth 2 will run smoothly?

Comment

vapour34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Ah. Pity i dont have a MBP then. Any idea as to it's performance on a macbook?

Its an early 2009 model

Comment