OS X LOTR War in the North - Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bmac89, Sep 24, 2014.

1. bmac89 macrumors 65816

bmac89

Hello,

My mac has an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 (256mb) Graphics Card and I notice that the system requirements for the game (Lord of the Rings - War in the North) lists this graphics card as 'not supported'.

Does this mean the game simply won't run or is there a chance it will still work with reduced graphics?

I have a 2009 Imac 9,1 with 8gb RAM. Anyone have any idea if it might work or tried it out themselves?

Thanks

2. bmac89 thread starter macrumors 65816

bmac89

Anyone have an ideas? Even if you don't have specific experience with this game etc...

The silly thing is that it appears the game will run in Windows (according to system requirements) on the same mac computer. I assume it has something to do with software drivers rather than the actual hardware.

Thanks

3. DanCorleone macrumors member

If it says "not supported" what generally happens is that the game won't install, or the game will install but refuse to load, or the game will load but then crash after a few minutes. It's hopeless in the end and you'll just waste a lot of time.

You could buy the game, and if it doesn't work you could buy a new computer since it is about time. Or you could give the game to someone as a gift, then go over to their place every day to play it.