iPhone XS Lots of Bugs on my new Iphone XS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brianabbs87, May 6, 2019.

1. brianabbs87 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone I just got my new XS on Tuesday. I installed a backup from icloud and immediately have been noticing bugs all week. The most annoying is the auto lock feature not working as well as the iOS seeming a bit sluggish (apps long to load, a slight slight delay on touching screen) and once in a while the phone ringing when on vibrate which I found so weird! I had an iPhone 8 and switched to pixel 3 for 3 months before getting the XS. I reset settings and it fixed the issue for a while. I contacted support and they suggested a factory reset, which also fixed the issue. However, the issues start again after about 24 hours. After the factory reset, I installed my most recent XS backup. I only have about 10-15 apps installed. I even did the turn off passcode suggestion on here. Am I missing something? Thanks so much!

2. mjschabow macrumors 68020

I would factory reset and not restore from a backup. That should solve the problem.

3. AppleRocks2011 macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

Interesting. I have a feeling it has to do with your backup. I'd recommend importing your pictures and then setting it up as a new phone. iCloud will still give you your contacts, calendar, notes, etc. That might help take these issues away. I have an XS Max and haven't had these issues.

4. brianabbs87 thread starter macrumors newbie

After a factory reset?

5. now i see it macrumors 68040

Doing a factory reset then installing all your old apps from backup (which is a restore-from-backup) just puts you back in the same boat again of a corrupted backup.

Do s clean install (not from backup) then download your apps one by one from the App Store. Any data you had stored in them of course will be lost.

6. brianabbs87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it still ok to do log into my icloud to restore photos contacts etc?

7. mjschabow macrumors 68020

Absolutely yes.