Lots of different questions.. sorry!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kamcs, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kamcs macrumors newbie

I am a new Apple user. I got a nice 32GB iPod Touch for an early Christmas present from Walmart and got the 2 year warranty and the Apple Care. However, in about 4 days after not even using it, it broke. I have an Apple store right by me so I took it to them and a really young kid (associate) helped me out. But.. was in a hurry to get rid of me. He took my box with my SN on it and gave me a brand new one in a new box. So...

1- How do I transfer my warranty and the Apple Care from that other Serial Number to THIS serial number?

2- He mumbled something about how I can just plug my ipod into my laptop, turn on itunes and ALL my apps and music and configurations would "transfer" over to this new ipod. How do I do that? I plugged it in and turned on iTunes and its obviously telling me to register :)

That's it.

Answer when possible! Thanks
    Kristi Ambrose

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

To transfer the AppleCare you would probably have to call them on the phone, and hope you still have all relevant receipt.

To get all the content back register the new iPod and than restore it from the backup of your old iPod, wait a little and everything will be back to the last time you made a backup.

Hope I helped.