lots of heat after latest updates

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bubs, Feb 7, 2008.

1. bubs macrumors newbie

I just got a MBPro an I've had it for about a week and a half and haven't had much trouble with heat, and the fans rarely kicked on high. but after the latest update (software update under the "apple") 3 updates were installed and the only one I caught was quicktime, itunes was probably one cause I have it now and I thought I deleted it, but I don't know what the third was.

but ever since that update the case has been real hot and the fans have been on almost nonstop. I even have it on a "laptop cooler" with the fans on it running full.

anyone have similar problems? anyone know what the other update was? I'm not sure it was even the update but something changed and the mac is running HOT!!!

this is the first mac I've owned so I have no clue as to what to do..

Thanks
    bubs

2. Baba Ganoush macrumors member

Could you maybe tell us how hot it used to run and how hot it runs now? Maybe include some snapshots of istat pro widget? So we can see how hot it realy is?:eek:

3. milk242 macrumors 6502a

You can also go to the software update in system preferences and click on installed updates to see what was installed.

4. bubs thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry been away all day today. Istat pro? I'll have to get that tomarrow. looks pretty handy. is this the one your talking of? http://www.islayer.com/index.php?op=item&id=7

I'll the snap tomorrow but I don't have a number for how hot it used to be, i'm just going by feel. Scientific I know! but it just seemed like it was running hot all day for no reason. I was just doing some surfing and checking e-mail. and the fans were on full blast. but before I could run mail, firefox, and have a couple hours in maya and not a peep out of the fans. maybe it was me but it just seemed weird.

bubs