• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

jerryk

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I noticed the last few days that at number of places are having sales on the 2015 13 and 15 inch rMBPs. Must be something coming soon?

One example: 13 inch MBP 128GB $1169, 15 inch MBP 256GB $1809 at Frys

Saw deals earlier at B&H and Amazon.

PTLove

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Theres a deal at Best Buy entry level 13" on sale of 1099 and if you have a valid .edu email account you can get a an extra $100 off for a final cost of $999. Even with new ones coming out thats a good deal.

Reactions: jerryk
Comment

Megagoodfeeling

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Theres a deal at Best Buy entry level 13" on sale of 1099 and if you have a valid .edu email account you can get a an extra $100 off for a final cost of $999. Even with new ones coming out thats a good deal.

Just found out through personal experience that you actually DONT need a .edu email to take advantage of this deal! Just use your BB account and select a school (I just went with a close school to me) and they will email you the coupons that are good through the 6th or 7th of July I believe!

Comment

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Just found out through personal experience that you actually DONT need a .edu email to take advantage of this deal! Just use your BB account and select a school (I just went with a close school to me) and they will email you the coupons that are good through the 6th or 7th of July I believe!
What if they find out?

Comment

jerryk

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
You will be sentenced to four years of hard study
To be followed by 2 more years of focused hard study. At least it was for me.
[doublepost=1467153709][/doublepost]
What if they find out?

Go to local Junior college and register for a pottery class. Get the Mac discount and Adobe's full suite for $20/mo. Worked for me!

Comment

Totally Bored

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2015
I bought a MBP online from Apple last week and I got the Student discount for my daughter that's in College. I was surprised they didn't ask for any proof.

Maybe they just know. I find that thought a bit creepy :eek:

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.