Lots of screen orientation issues ios 8.0

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fabian9, Sep 29, 2014.

1. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

All,

I'm having a large number of issues with screen orientation on my iPhone 6 on iOS 8. Safari randomly turns into landscape mode without me rotating the phone, it then gets stuck in this orientation until I restart Safari entitely. The camera app is all over the place with photo and video orientation too, storing photos and videos in completely random orientations. It's a mess!

Is anybody else having these issues, or is it just me?

Fabian

2. blodyholy macrumors member

blodyholy

I'm on a 5S w/8.0.2 and have noticed this orientation issue with Safari. I just checked the camera app and didn't notice the issue there, but then again I don't use it as often as Safari. Thinking of restoring the phone to factory settings and going from there. (As I have slow WIFI issues as well.)

Needless to say this has been a less-than-pleasant update.:mad:

3. Appletvgk macrumors member

4. rml4uk macrumors member

I'm having the same problems with my 6 on 8.0.2. I read in another thread that doing a full restore might fix it. That's probably what the Genius Bar would suggest as well so I'm going to give it a try before I take it in. Super annoying though.

5. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

Same. I did full factory restore and set up my phone as new. Same issues. And my screen routinely goes dark during calls with no way to bring it back without resetting AND persistent cell issues.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I haven't had spontaneous rotation issues, but I have seen missing top status bars or overlapping text sometimes when rotating back to portrait from landscape. iPhone 6+ here.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I've had my 6+ get stuck upside down on the home screen. Open up any app and it is correct in it's orientation. Exit back to home screen - stuck upside down.

I also regularly have Messages get stuck where the keyboard doesn't work or the screen doesn't rotate at all and is stuck vertical.

Very disappointing how buggy this release was. I can't wait for the next release or two that cleans this up because it's honestly hard to use like this.

8. Tigerstyles macrumors newbie

Worst unstable update ever!

I have the same problems! Videos not in landscape mode when played back on i Mac

Photos have the same problem

Weird ****

Pissing me off

9. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Same here.

10. I7guy macrumors G5

The only orientation issues ive come across is FaceTime, which at times the phone has to rotated once or twice to get the orientation correct. 5s.

11. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

12. midnight555 macrumors newbie

I am having the same orientation issues too on my iPhone 6

13. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed any orientation issues with Safari, but every so often Waze won't switch from portrait to landscape. The only to fix this is to reboot the phone. I have to agree this has been one of the worst public updates.

14. rml4uk macrumors member

I'm still having issues with the screen rotation bug. Even after doing the full restore and updating to 8.0.2, Camera, Photos, Safari, Email, and Messages all have issues still. I'm thinking about taking it in to the Genius Bar to see if I possibly have a faulty accelerometer, but I'll wait for the 8.1 update to hit tomorrow to see if that takes care of it.

15. crazyninja macrumors newbie

My wife has the same issues on her iPhone 6. It is very annoying.

16. kheard73 macrumors regular

kheard73

Screen rotation issues on 6+ are killing me. Its always when Im least expecting it. Has anyone taken theirs into the genius bar or fixed this issue?

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I had this problem too. iOS 8.1 fixes it

18. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Not for me. It doesn't happen nearly as often as before 8.1, but I still have issues, especially in Messages

19. Astorian macrumors newbie

Glad to have found this thread. Same issue here.

20. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Tried to respond to a text today in Messages, opened the app and turned the screen to landscape. Tried to type, keyboard wouldn't work. Rotate back to vertical and back to landscape, still didn't work. Rotate back to vertical, type a character that took, rotate back to landscape and then it works. Happens several times a day to me. Incredibly annoying.