Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I have the 2010 13" in my sig, and i have noticed lately it is getting a lot of lag on the screen while scrolling.

While watching any streaming video, the sound will continue, but the video will freeze for about 2 seconds, and then resume playing. It does this a LOT during videos.

And the while scrolling through a webpage or up and down in itunes, it will freeze for about 2 seconds, then scroll up or down wherever i choose.

I noticed this within the last couple of weeks, and a reboot will help fix it, but only temporary. It starts after only a day or two of being on.

Im one that doesnt like to reboot my computer every day. This thing has gone weeks without ever needing one, so it is a bit of a pain and frustrating that it wont 'keep up'. Its not that old at all, i got it in about August/September

Any ideas on what it could be?

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Any ideas anyone? Its quite frustrating and searching only brought up 3 year old threads of odds and ends.

Its basically brand new, i feel there should be something i can do to fix this.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Have you done a PRAM reset? Also have you checked your HDD for errors? and perhaps more simply have you installed all recent updates and rebooted your computer?

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I just did a pram reset. im going to give it a few days and see if it comes back.
Not sure about checking the hdd for errors, ill do some research into this one and see what it does and how to do it.
I am completely up to date and have had a few reboots. It seems to happen after a few days of using the computer without rebooting (say, uptime = 4 days..i get lots of scrolling and video lag... I dont know what else to call it, other than the computer just cant "keep up")

TheFarmer

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
I would just reboot it once every two days. Takes 20-30 seconds. You can reboot it during a pee break. I'm sure your computer is faster at rebooting than you running to the bathroom, pee'n and coming back? Unless you live in the bathroom?

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Ok, well i just rarely reboot my computer. In the last 6+ months, maybe a dozen reboots..maybe??

If it happens i will just give it a boot. I did the pram reset and ill leave it as long as i can and see what happens.

And of course i take my macbook in for a pee break!!! haha :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.