Lots of Small issues with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by levpa05, Jun 20, 2009.

1. levpa05 macrumors member

Hi All;

Just want to see if we are the only ones having these small issues since updating to 3.0 and on our new 3G:

Maps: off by almost a block

eMail:
    Checking: our Yahoo accounts don't work occasionally. It says the password is wrong but with out changing anything, a little while later it works with out error. Then, the next time I got the error, I removed it, re-added it, it confirmed and checked mail no problem, an hour later I got a password error on the same account.

Sending: emails with attachments fail to send and have to try 3 or 4 times before they go.

Applications crashing: I chalk this up to some not being compatible or ready for the 3.0; but it's happens on 4 or 5 apps like Facebook, one of the bank access apps, and movie apps.

Application freezing: same as above but LLLLOOONNNGG delays like it froze.

Messaging: Messages failing to send. This didn't occur much at all before the upgrade but has happened often enough since the update 3G/3Gs new phone.

Thanks

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

None of those for me, the message sending thing has happened once though it could have just been going in/out of reception.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't have messaging, so can't comment on that, but I've had none of the other problems you mentioned. Working perfectly.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I have had 3.0 mail issues.. Not sure why, but when I go to send an email, it takes about 3 times to get it to send. no attachment, just a basic reply email will not go through. No actual error either!!!

6. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I really have no issues. I did notice a little lag when i hit the home button and that corrected with a restart.

7. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Nope... have yet to see any of those issues... and I am still on a first gen iPhone.

9. HyperSnake macrumors member

A bit off topic, but where can I report bugs in 3.0 to Apple? I've already stumbled upon a few minor bugs...

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

What kind of bugs are you running into?

11. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

same

12. Stephenw macrumors newbie

X GPS wouldn't lock a satellite until after a reset.

Safari has crashed about 10 times since Wednesday on various websites.

I cannot access Chase banking mobile website at all. An error box pops up and then disappears, too fast to read the message. :mad:

I keep accidentally going to the spotlight search screen.

I keep accidentally activating the cut/copy/paste feature.

13. levpa05 thread starter macrumors member

Minor issues

Thanks all; I did think of something. This is a 3gs new and I restored from my 3g backup. I restored from backup instead of installing fresh. I think I am goin to wipe it clean and manually put it back to see how it goes. .

14. jajohns8 macrumors regular

Definitely having some of the same issues you are having running 3.0 on my 3G.

My applications are definitely crashing more. Tweetdeck, which I absolutely love, seems to crash considerably more under 3.0. (maybe just waiting on update, I don't know, but attempting to use some of the features consistently makes it crash.)

Seems that Safari is crashing much more often.

Over the weekend, while trying to find a particular movie theater, it seems the maps app was definitely off more than it usually is. It never is spot on exact, but it was considerably more off on that one occasion.

I did a clean install of 3.0. (restored as new phone)

Not having any issues with mail as you are.