Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I have Lotus Notes Traveler Companion, on my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) so that I can access my corporate email on those devices from everywhere. The mail goes directly to the default iOS mail app.

I'm about to switch from Windows PC to OS X, so I don't yet have a Mac and access to the Mac app store.

Now to my question, does a similar app exist for OS X as for iOS so that I can get my corporate mail to the default mail app on the Mac?

We don't have pop3 access enabled on our domino servers.

---------------

PS. I'm sorry, I posted the same thread in the OS Lion sub-forum, with 100s of readers, no answer. Don't know how to delete that post, thus the double post. I reckon this being a better sub-forum to post in.

AaronPM

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006
I have Lotus Notes Traveler Companion, on my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) so that I can access my corporate email on those devices from everywhere. The mail goes directly to the default iOS mail app.

I'm about to switch from Windows PC to OS X, so I don't yet have a Mac and access to the Mac app store.

Now to my question, does a similar app exist for OS X as for iOS so that I can get my corporate mail to the default mail app on the Mac?

We don't have pop3 access enabled on our domino servers.

---------------

PS. I'm sorry, I posted the same thread in the OS Lion sub-forum, with 100s of readers, no answer. Don't know how to delete that post, thus the double post. I reckon this being a better sub-forum to post in.

Have you considered running Lotus Notes on your MacOSX system? It is available and if your corporate environment will let you, is exactly the same as the Windows version.

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
No I haven't considered it, but I might if there is no better solution. I just don't like Lotus Notes. Will have to check if the corporate domino servers will let me in from my private OSX PC. Thanks for the response.

There is no chance that OSX mail simply clones the mailbox on my iOS devices through iCloud? In that way I would get access to my Notes mail simply having it on the iOS devices. Long shot, I know.

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Our corporate domino servers will not allow me to run Lotus Notes on my OSX machine.

Lotus Notes Traveller not available on Mac App store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.